Thank you for your interest in applying to Texas A&M Task Force 1. Please submit the items listed below to complete your application.
To be eligible to apply to TX-TF1 – Type 1 FEMA US&R team, applicants must live within a 3-hour drive time window of College Station or for application to the Region 3 Type 3 team, applicants must live within DPS Region 3. Additionally, all items MUST be received or postmarked by September 2nd in order to be considered complete.
Applications are not accepted electronically and incomplete applications will not be processed.
Once your application is submitted, you can expect to hear from the Task Force after October 15.
Please submit the items listed below to complete your application:
- TF Application Form
- Signed Letter of Recommendation from Chief or Agency Point of Contact on Letterhead (must be recently dated)
- All applicable certificates
- FEMA General
- Position Specific certifications
- A 250 word typed essay explaining why you are applying to TX-TF1 and why you are qualified for the position.
- Optional Items
- Other Letters of Recommendation
- Other pertinent certificates
TEEX –Texas A&M Task Force 1
Attn: Stacey Macik
101 Gateway Ste B
College Station, TX 77845
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions document as it provides a lot of helpful information for applying to the task force.
If you have any questions during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the requirements for positions on TX-TF1.
- FEMA General Requirements
- Canine Search Specialist
- Communications Specialist
- HazMat Specialist
- Heavy Equipment and Rigging Specialist
- Logistics Specialist
- Medical Specialist
- Medical Team Manager
- Rescue Specialist
- Structural Specialist
- Technical Information Specialist
- Technical Search Specialist
- TF Application Form
We adhere to the National US&R Response System position description qualifications and general requirements for each position. As such, we encourage all interested personnel to look at the requirements for the position they are interested in AND the FEMA General Requirements when preparing their application. Any applicable certifications should be submitted with the application. Please note that FEMA classes are not available to personnel not currently rostered on a Task Force.